WORKING AT HCPA
At Horizon, we believe in providing our people with continuous learning and growth opportunities through our training systems, exposure to a variety of industries, challenging work, and the opportunity to see work through from beginning to end. We also believe in fostering a strong collaborative environment. You will work with different teams throughout the year and develop relationships with different accountants, managers, and principles.
LEARN, GROW, AND THRIVE
- Access to our internal education website, Horizon University, developed to grow your skills while at the same time integrating with the CPA PERT competencies you need to meet
- All employees are assigned a buddy on their first day and a coach to assist with their training and growth
- CPA students are also assigned a registered CPA mentor within the firm to assist with their semi-annual PERT reports
- Additional firm-sponsored courses are promoted through monthly lunch & learns
- Timely feedback and goal setting are provided for at least six times annually by way of file specific performance reviews, mid-way reviews, and annual performance reviews
- The opportunity to contribute to the firm’s growth, where your input is valued.
- Paid over-time or time off in lieu of over-time
- Access to Great West Life group plan benefits
- Reimbursement of CPA annual dues and course fees
- Reimbursement of Densmore CFE prep course fees
- Reimbursement of professional development courses fees
- Team building events and monthly team lunches
- Conveniently located in the downtown core, by Granville SkyTrain station, with access to Pacific Centre just an elevator ride away
- Jeans Fridays!